Families impacted by special needs, kinship care, guardianship, foster care and adoption often face unique challenges that take their toll on the entire family, at times threatening to tear them apart. We desire to remove the financial barrier to help struggling single and married parents attend events that are designed for physical, spiritual, and relational renewal, to send them home encouraged, refreshed and with new tools for the next season of their parenting journey.
Hephzibah62:4 is offering a limited amount of one-time/family reimbursement grants for approved expenses (up to $500/parent) for travel and attendance at an approved Christian conference or retreat.
Thank you for the blessing of the Weekend to Remember conference!
I felt so excited about the new revelations that are already fueling our marriage and mission in new ways. I cannot thank you enough for this investment in us!
— Eddie, Adoptive Dad and Hephzibah62:4 Family Support Grant Recipient
Basic requirements to apply:
- Must be regular attendee/s of a Wesleyan church for at least one year or be on staff at a Wesleyan church or ministry
- Must be parent/s of children, teens or young adults impacted by foster care, kinship care, guardianship, adoption and/or special needs
- Must provide a pastoral reference from a church that is part of The Wesleyan Church in the U.S. or Canada
- Priority is given to events where a single parent or both married parents attend together, without children. Exceptions will be considered for one parent of a married couple or the whole family to attend, in cases where it is clearly demonstrated that it is in the best interest of the family.
- Marriage renewal: Hope Restored, Weekend to Remember
- Married couples and families impacted by the disability of a child or dependent adult: Joni and Friends Retreats and Getaways
- Foster care and adoptive parenting: Christian Alliance for Orphans’ Summit, Renew Retreat
- Teens/pre-teens in crisis: Families in Crisis Conference
- Other conferences and retreats will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Complete application here.
- Wait up to two weeks for a decision regarding your application. Let us know if you need to have your application expedited, and we will do our best to accommodate.
- This grant is offered as a reimbursement for eligible expenses shortly after the conclusion of the event unless other arrangements are made. An expense worksheet along with guidelines and instructions will be provided. Save your receipts for submission.